Pages

Monday 10 April 2017

Vietnam Trip 2017: Saigon Central Post Office

24th February 2017 (Friday)

Before this I saw many postcard lover will post picture of taking a postcard in front of the real building such like make a comparison. Before this trip, I bought a set of hand drawing postcard, that why I can post like this. Haha.


Saigon Central Post Office was constructed when Vietnam was part of French Indochina in the late 19th century (1886-1891). It counts with Gothic, Renaissance and French influences.



Inside the Saigon Central Post Office of special note are two painted maps that were created just after the post office was built, the first one located on the left side of the building is a map of Southern Vietnam and Cambodia titled Lignes telegraphiques du Sud Vietnam et Cambodge 1892 which translates to “Telegraphic lines of Southern Vietnam and Cambodia 1892”. The second map of greater Saigon is titled Saigon et ses environs 1892 that translates as “Saigon and its surroundings 1892”.



Inside of post office have many people. This was my first time to see so many tourists inside post office. The design of the post office is beautiful.


Inside post office has souvenir shops.



It has some tables and chairs for you to write postcards. Before write postcard, you can buy some postcards at there too.



I sent some postcards from here and the stamp rate as below:-

Within Asia 10,500 VND
United Kingdom (UK) 12,000 VND




After stick all the stamps on postcards, I found out that no one queue in front of stamp counter so I went there to ask for whether can buy a stamp and stick on my travel notebook and ask for stamping on the stamp. The answer is “can”.  I need to buy stamp of 3,000 VND for stamping.


When came out from post office, I saw a lovely couple were having photo shooting.


Surprise that my friend in UK received the postcard 2 weeks after I back from Vietnam while Malaysia friends received after 3 weeks I back. UK is faster than Malaysia but Malaysia is near with Vietnam. 

The opposite of post office is Saigon Notre Dame Cathedral so you can go to these two places at the same day. It’s also not too far from Independent Palace.

On 24 March, I received my postcard which sent from Vietnam. I like the message which wrote by my friend on my postcard.

The war is a black history but it made the people in this country stronger. 
Let's be tough like them and appreciate what we have ~ Evon 




Saigon Central Post Office
2 Cong Xa Paris, Ben Nghe,
Quan 1,
Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
Monday to Friday: 0700-1900
Saturday: 0700-1800
Sunday: 0800-1800
Hotline: 08-39247247

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for comment.

If you do not have any profiles on any of those listed,
please select profile & click "Name/URL",
type in name (leave URL empty)

It's not nice to call you Anonymous so please leave a name.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Klook.com