Pages

Thursday 9 November 2017

Lovely Disabled Camp 2017: Triumph in the Sky

Lovely Disabled Camp has become one of our main events on a yearly basis with the main objective to encourage People with Disability (PwD) to step out of their bounds of their disability into the society, while at the same time promoting spirit of volunteerism among the public to reach out for the needy. 

During the camp, the volunteers will be equipped with proper skills in assisting our friends with disability and method on how to guide them to integrate into mainstream society. We have been to places like Port Dickson (2009), Genting (2011), Penang (2013), Lost World of Tambun, Ipoh(2014), Bukit Gambang, Kuantan (2015) and Melaka (2016).  

This year, we are going to fly them to Langkawi Island. The experience of boarding a flight n exploring the beautiful island will be an amazing and cherished memory for our friends with disability. At the same time, it is a great opportunity to create disability awareness within Langkawi Island through this camp.



From 13-15 October, I joined for Lovely Disabled Camp 2017. This was my first time to join such camp in my life. In this camp, I will meet with person with disabilities (PWD) or little angel and help them during the Langkawi trip.


12 October 2017 (Thursday)

Labuan Airport >> Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA2) >> Capsule Hotel KLIA2

In the flight, actually, I sat with a Chinese girl but she changed the seat with another Malay girl so that she can sit with her friend. When the flight reach KLIA2, the Malay girl stand up and take her baggage. When she wait for the people go out, she take out my backpack and asking that whether it is mine. So good of her to help I take my backpack.

When in KLIA2, a HSBC staff approached me and he was asking some questions that included salary. I said my salary very low in a pity face. After that, he let me go. Luckily, about it, if not sure he will start promote me some bank products.

After lunch, I rest and reading book in airport in order to wait for dinner. I booked Capsule Hotel for 12 hours so I cannot so early to check in. For dinner, I ate Indian food in food court. Around 6:30pm, I checked in to Capsule Hotel.



13 October 2017 (Friday)

Capsule Hotel KLIA2 >> Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA2) >> Langkawi Airport >> Dayang Bay Serviced Apartment & Resort

I eat breakfast at “I Love Yoo!”. Around 7am, I reach the departure gate of KLIA2 to meet my other group member. At there, I met with Watermelon who is a girl from Group 12. When she knew that when back, I would take GrabCar to hotel, she offered to send me. So lucky to meet with Watermelon.


Air Asia had been well prepared as this flight has many wheel chairs. This day is also the birthday of a woman in Group 12. Every one of us sang Birthday song to she. From KL to Langkawi, the flight take around 50 minutes to reach.


As little angel who sit on wheel chair is not so convenience to take bus therefore we rented a car in airport and take them to resort. I accompanied Sister Mee Leng and Yang Yang while Abby (group leader) drive the car.  


14 October 2017 (Saturday)

Dayang Bay Serviced Apartment & Resort >> Oriental Village (Art in Paradise & SkyCab) >> Eagle Square >> Dayang Bay Serviced Apartment & Resort


15 October 2017 (Sunday)

Dayang Bay Serviced Apartment & Resort >> The ZON Duty Free >> Langkawi Airport >> Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA2) >> Melange Boutique Hotel

When in Langkawi Airport, after check in luggage and wheel chair, we were having dinner in Marrybrown. At that time, we been announced that flight delayed for 2 times.


When in flight, Yang Yang cried so group leader asked me sit at the front. On the same time, the pilot did not want to fly because he saw has 6 wheel chairs. Based on the rules of Air Aisa, a flight maximum can have 4 wheel chair. Then the aircrew keep double confirm with us that how many persons in wheel chair can walk or cannot walk. Lastly the flight fly after some verification.



During the flight, I planned to have a small nap. After saw Sister Mee Leng so busy in take care Yang Yang therefore I did not sleep and see what they want me help of. Yang Yang cannot sit properly so after few minutes, he will slide down (although body tied up with chair) and Sister Mee Leng need take him to make he sit properly. Besides that, need massage his leg so that he will feel comfortable.


While waiting for verification, I heard an aircrew said that their boss is getting married and show the news to his colleague read. When in Kuala Lumpur and online, I just knew that Tony Fernandes married Korean girl in France.



16 October 2017 (Monday)

Melange Boutique Hotel >> Pavilion KL >> Go Noodle House >> Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA2) >> Labuan Airport

It quite some years I did not go Bukit Bintang because now has MRT station. Luckily, I still know how to go to shopping mall without get lost. Haha.. I planned go PostCare in Sungei Wang Plaza but it already closed.



After check out from hotel, I went to Pavilion KL for lunch. In front of Pavilion KL has many cute “Rimau” the mascot for Sea Games.



After lunch, I took monorail to KL Sentral and take bus to KLIA2. The bus fee from KL Sentral to KLIA2 is RM12.


 During go and back, I met with my friend in airport. She went to Penang with Buddhist Association.

 18 October 2017 is Deepavali therefore in airport and mall can see the Kolam decoration.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for comment.

If you do not have any profiles on any of those listed,
please select profile & click "Name/URL",
type in name (leave URL empty)

It's not nice to call you Anonymous so please leave a name.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Klook.com