Pages

Thursday 11 January 2018

Miri + Brunei Trip 2017: My First Solo Trip in Brunei

All the places which I visit is free of charge but before go in need to take off the shoes.  I spent around 1 ½ hours in exploring Brunei. It is quite rush but fun too.



Mercu Dirgahayu 60

The Mercu Dirgahayu 60 is a birthday gift presented by the people of Brunei to His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah on his 60th birthday. It symbolizes their gratitude, loyalty, and support for the leadership of the Sultan of Brunei in achieving peace, integrity, prosperity and progress for Brunei Darussalam.


It is in Waterfront and near with Tourism Information Centre.


Teng Yun Temple


I passed by this temple when want go back to bus station.


Memorial Clock


The Timepiece Monument is a memorial clock monument build in 1959 to commemorate the visit of the King of Malaysia.  It is in the heart of the city and it functions as a “Zero-Mile-Clock” used to indicate the starting point of distances between Bandar Seri Begawan and other places in Brunei.


Omar Ali Saifuddin Mosque


OmarAli Saifuddien Mosque is an Islamic mosque located in Bandar Seri Begawan, the capital of the Sultanate of Brunei. The mosque is often considered as one of the most beautiful mosques in the Asia Pacific, it is a place of worship for the Muslim community, a major historical site and a famous tourist attraction of Brunei.




From bus station, on the way to my first destination. A man shouted I and I thought my things fall in floor and he told me. Actually, he is promoting the water village package. As I did not has time to explore so I declined his offer. Then he said can take me to mosque by using short cut. I can walk by myself but what can I do, I just followed him. If has anything wrong, I will run away. When I saw the mosque, I thanks for his help.


That time was so hot, I took few pictures at outside of mosque.


I saw can go in visit but need take off shoe and wear robe. Inside cannot take photos and the walking place is limited. Before returned the robe, I asked staff helped me to take picture.





On the way from mosque to Royal Regalia Building, I saw Radio Television Brunei (RTB). When I small, my TV channel has RTB.




Royal Regalia Building


The Royal Regalia Museum (Malay: Muzium Alat Kebesaran Diraja), previously known as the Royal Regalia Building (Malay: Bangunan Alat Kebesaran Diraja) is a museum located in the heart of Bandar Seri Begawan, the capital of Brunei. The museum mainly houses the regalia of the Sultan and the royalty, as well as exhibits related to the commemorations of the Silver and Golden Jubilee celebrations of Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah's rule of Brunei. The Royal Regalia Museum was officially opened on 30 September 1992 by Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah.


When the bus passed this building, I thought Royal Regalia Museum closed as the door closed. When I reached, I just knew that it is automatic door therefore when no people go in, it will close. At here also need take off shoe before go in.



When go in, the bag and hand phone need put into locker as inside no allow photography. I take the locker’s key from counter. I like to see the gift received by Sultan Brunei that is beautiful and interesting. Inside has souvenir corner that sell postcard, keychain, magnet and many more.


Brunei History Centre



The Brunei History Centre (Malay: Pusat Sejarah Brunei, abbreviated as PSB) is a government institution which conducts research, documentation, publication and dissemination on matters pertaining to the history of Brunei.


Compare with Royal Regalia Museum, at this Centre did not has many things to see and less people visit.




Kampung Ayer (World’s Largest Water Village)






Tourism Center




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for comment.

If you do not have any profiles on any of those listed,
please select profile & click "Name/URL",
type in name (leave URL empty)

It's not nice to call you Anonymous so please leave a name.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Klook.com